Sunday, April 12, 2009

Conference Weekend and Other Fun

Joseph loves to feed himself. In fact, the last few weeks he wouldn't eat anything unless he could eat it by himself. Luckily, he started letting me spoon feed him again, but I have to be a little persuasive. Here he is in his booster seat, he loves it. I think it makes him feel like a big boy.


Bath time!


Joe really likes to be with me wherever I am. If I'm doing dishes, he likes to play on the floor in the kitchen, if I'm making our bed, he likes to be in our room, if I'm on the computer, he likes to play under/around the desk and if I'm in the bathroom for any reason, yep, he likes to be in the bathroom with me. That really wouldn't bother me much except that his favorite thing in the bathroom is the toilet, and that is just plain gross. So I recently discovered while in the bathroom I can just plop him in the sink and he is happy to play/look in the mirror, for long enough that I can dry my hair, pluck my eyebrows, or just go to the bathroom! I realize that this solution is temporary, because he will soon learn how to turn on the faucet, or crawl out, but for now it's working great!


We were lucky enough to have visitors conference weekend. Papa Taylor, Aubs and Sean came and stayed with us. Joseph had a blast playing with Papa, and I think he could have watched Aubs and Sean all day! Conference was wonderful, and as always, left me feeling uplifted, grateful and motivated to improve.

3 comments:

The Neales said...

Goodness, he looks so different every time I see a new picture of him! What a handsome little boy! I hope you guys are doing well! When are you guys leaving Idaho?

The Mann Family said...

Little Joseph is so so cute! I love the pictures! I really hope I get to see you guys before we end up in Alaska!

Kendrick and Hailey said...

What a great idea about the sink! Jake is the exact same way and I think its so nasty when he is playing on the bathroom floor... I'm going to try out the sink tomorrow:)