Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bedroom Makeover

When Zach had a break in the summer (seriously, like 8 months ago, and I'm finally posting about it), we re-did our bedroom. It was needing some help.

These before and after pictures make me think of some diet infomercial's. You know the ones, where the before picture the person is frowning, slouching, poor lighting, with pasty white skin, and the after picture they are smiling, tan, and have good posture. Well I guess this is the equivalent for our bedroom.

Before:
King bed taking up too much space, brown hand-me down dresser, empty candlesticks, old nightstand (not pictured), and bluish walls that don't match the olive green bedding.

After:
White paint,9 a queen bed which gives a lot more space in the room, a headboard we made using this tutorial, fun pillows


Desk, nightstand, and dresser, painted black, and given new hardware, found some candles to go on the candlesticks (I would really like to mat and frame the picture that's propped up on the dresser right now, but I hear that's pretty spendy so it might have to wait)


Put up a shelf, to hold wedding picture, clock and books

this is where the room is lacking. The poor window needs something, but I'm not sure if I will worry about it.

It's not perfect, but I love it.

4 comments:

Marin said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the makeover!!! That is awesome. Our room is pretty sad as well.

How are you adjusting to sleeping in a queen though??? WE are wanting a KING so bad!! haa haa!!!

Your boys are soooo cute!!! We miss you guys and hope everything is going well!!

Lindsey S. said...

I have plans for doing that headboard too. But I want a king, once we can actually get a house. haha We'll see.

I love it. Do you awesome on the entire room. Looks so pretty!

The Evers Family said...

That's awesome. Beautiful!

Spencer & Nikki said...

I'm impressed... so it makes me want to do a few things that I have been wanting to do forever. We'll see... hahaha. I love it.