Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Grandpa Bill

Zach's Grandpa Bill passed away unexpectedly last week on Sunday. He was an amazing man and I feel privileged that I got to be a part of his family. We went to his funeral this past weekend in Utah. I am so glad we were able to be there. All of his grandchildren were there and all but two (I think) of his great-grandchildren were there.

The thing everyone said about Grandpa was that he made everyone feel important. Each grandchild felt like they were his favorite. I even felt like I was his favorite. He always made me feel special when we saw him. His family was so important to him. He loved spending time with them. He was an incredible example of forgiveness, and hard work.

We miss Grandpa Bill, but we are so grateful we know that we will be able to see him again.

We love you Grandpa.

Grandpa reading to Sarah at Christmas

No comments: