Joe's birthday started with his favorite breakfast, crepes. He was so appreciative when I wished him "happy birthday" in the morning. I thought it was pretty cute. That evening we had over our new neighbors and some family to celebrate. Joe's big gift was a bike. We had also bought him some "Joe-Joe" cookies from Trader Joe's. I wasn't really thinking and we had him open the bike first. I thought it would be a little anti-climactic opening the cookies next, but Joe was just as excited for the cookies as the bike.
Joe is such a fun boy. He loves to make people laugh. It makes him so happy when someone thinks he's funny. Sometimes I have to remind him what appropriate humor is.
He likes to get as close to doing something against the rules as possible, without actually breaking the rule. For example, in our house "pee," and "poo," are potty words and are only allowed in appropriate conversations. So, instead he likes to say "diaper," and "toilet," as much as possible, because he knows those words are game, and they are pretty close to potty words. I used to tell him we only used potty words in the bathroom, but then anytime he would go in there to take a bath or for any other reason, that's all we would hear the entire time.
He likes to tell jokes. He learned one from Wreck It Ralph recently that he thinks is hilarious. It's a potty joke. Of course.
He is learning to read. We are using The Reading Lesson. We aren't very far into it, but it's fun to watch Joe learn, and sound things out.
Joe has a bit of a temper. Zach and I both had temper issues when we were young. Sometimes when he is having a bad day I think I am just getting what I deserve. And I apologize to my mother for ever being that way. Haha.
Joe loves to sing and listen to music. I will catch him singing "That's What Makes You Beautiful" often. He also loves Collective Soul. And he will make up his own songs. The other day he was singing one about the church being true and the first vision, that he had made up.
Although we limit screen time, Joe loves shows. He asks all the time if he can watch a show. We have always limited the amount he watches, but I'm trying even more now because I feel like he's a little obsessed.
He loves to be the big brother. This is good and bad. He is such a good helper so much of the time. Other times he bosses his Will around, or tried to enforce rules himself.
Is Will's best friend. I've overheard him tell Will several times,"remember Will, we're best friends." Will says the same to Joe now. So sweet.
Loves Max. He still clobbers him. Max is such a sport. Joe picks him up all the time. Carries him. Pulls on him. Sits on him. Usually it's to try to get Max to laugh.
Joe often cooks his own eggs and toast. The eggs with supervision, the toast without.
He wants to be a good boy, and make good choices. We had a family reunion recently and were having FHE all together. Jerry was teaching the kids about choices and consequences. Joe piped up that he was trying, but sometimes made mistakes. He was SO sincere, and it was just like Jerry and Joe were the only two in the room.
He is such a good boy, and we are so glad he is in our family.
![]() |
| On his birthday, with some of his favorite people |
![]() |
| We love our Joe Joe! |


No comments:
Post a Comment