Valentine's Day was pretty normal. The boys didn't even know it was a holiday until the morning of. I did zero decorating, and we had zero fun plans. So, we last minute, made some cinnamon rolls to deliver to daddy at work during lunch, and a few other places. It was fun, but I felt a little guilty that I hadn't really planned anything, or built up any anticipation with the boys for the holiday.
![]() |
| Will must have known it was Valentine's Day, he decided to wear some mascara for the occasion. |
![]() |
| Joe with our Valentine cinnamon rolls. |
I remember holidays were one of the best parts of being a kid. There was always something fun and special about that day. I don't mean I want to give our kids gifts every holiday, there are ways to made days special without that. When we lived in Omaha it was so much easier. There were always parties and activities for playgroup, music time, etc. And there were tons of kids around so it was easy to throw together an impromptu party. Now it just take a little more effort, and I need to be willing to put forth that effort to make things fun and exciting for the boys.


1 comment:
I completely agree! There were so many kids in Village Green that every day was a party and Holidays were like Christmas! I miss it too and am finding my life much more plain since we moved away! It's sad and hard!!! We miss your awesome boys!
Post a Comment