Thursday, November 8, 2012

Will the Busy Boy

Sometimes when I'm out with all three boys I will get comments about how busy I must be.  This is true.  My boys keep me busy, but if I had to pick one child that keeps me running around the most (at least right now) that would be Will.  Hands down.  That boy never stops.  He is always, opening, running, climbing, discovering.  He is always doing something, into something.  Here are a few things I think are worth documenting.

The other morning I hear him calling from our living room for help.  I came into our living room to find that he had pushed over a chair, to the bookcase.  Seeing that didn't get him high enough to reach his Halloween candy that was on top of the bookcase, he pushed the ottoman up vertically up against the bookcase as well.  He had climbed first on the chair, then on the ottoman, and then could reach the candy and got stuck coming down from the ottoman.

He figured out how to unlock the locks on the computer cabinet and t.v. cabinet cupboards.

He can hit the doorknob covers hard enough they break apart (I've hear duct tape is a great remedy for that one).

We have a child lock on the fridge.

There is a baby gate in the doorway to the kitchen.  In addition to the two locking mechanisms on the gate we had to add an additional one.

He can take the lid off of "child proof" medicine bottles.  I discovered that one at my parents house.  We were visiting one Sunday and I was checking on him about every five minutes.  I discovered him in the basement with a bottles of allergy medication.  He had eaten some.  After counting the remaining pills to know the maximum number of pills he had taken I called poison control.  They told me to look for hyperactivity, irritability, and signs of hallucinations.  Thankfully, he had none of those symptoms.

When he is in the kitchen pushing up a chair to the counter he tells me, "no trouble, mom.  No trouble."

When he is pushing Max down from sitting he says, "It's okay.  It's okay."  I'm not sure if he is trying to reassure me, or Max.

Today we were at my mom's.  He was playing in the backyard.  When he came in he wasn't wearing his pants or underwear.  I asked him why they were off and he told me he went potty.  I asked him where and he said, "in the mud puddle."  A similar thing happened another day when we were there only it was in a bucket.



He may keep me on my toes, but I love my sweet Will.  He is sensitive and loving and is quick to express his love.

A few weeks ago I was the chorister for a young women choir that performed in Sacrament meeting.  After the song Will yelled proudly, "You did it, mom!  You did it!"  How blessed I am to be that sweet,  crazy boy's mother.

1 comment:

Spencer & Nikki said...

Love this post. So funny!