Monday, September 5, 2011

Summer Trip - Utah

I did not take nearly as many pictures as a should have while we were in Utah, but we had so much fun.

Before the men left we went to Seven Peaks. Will only lasted an hour before I had to take him home to nap, but my sweet mom listened for him so I could go back and hang out with Zach, Joe and everyone else. Joe had so much fun. As soon as we got down a slide he would ask to go down again. We had a double tube, so after I got back I took Joe down a couple times. I didn't realize that Zach had been holding Joe on his lap even though they had a double, so I just went down with me in one side and him in the other. His hands couldn't even reach both handles, but he did great. Over a month later and he is still talking about the big water slides.

While the boys were on their fishing/camping trip the wives hung out with the kiddos. One of the nights we decided to get babysitters and go out to dinner. It was so fun. We went to this newer restaurant in Provo at Riverwoods called La Jolla Groves. It was yummy. I was a little bit worried how our kids would do with the sitters, they haven't really had anyone but Zach or I put them down at night for a long time. Additionally Will had been quite the pill around that time so I was nervous how he would do. I ended up not giving Joe and nap that day and put him down before we left so the sitters would only have to worry about Will. So they tried to put Will down and after he cried for five to ten minutes they went in to get him. This only made him more upset. They realized that he was happiest when they put him down and watched him from the other side of the room. So that's what they did. Eventually he fell asleep in the middle of the living room floor and they moved him to his crib! I guess Zach and I need to go out more often.

Zach walked in to check on Joe in the bathroom one day and found this. What a goofball. He sometimes finds it necessary to strip completely when he uses the bathroom, and he couldn't quite get his shirt off this time.

Joe and Will had so much fun playing with all their cousins. I wish I had taken more pictures of all of them together.


Will and Lily decided to throw the ball to each other across the table one day. No one had played this with them earlier, they just came up with it all on their own. I wish these pictures could capture how much fun they were having.

We are so thankful for our wonderful families and grateful we were able to spend some time with all of them this summer. We miss them already!

1 comment:

Colleen T said...

We had so much fun with y'all this trip! I love those photos- p.s. you can see Zach in the reflection of the tv on the last pic!