Friday, June 24, 2011

Three Years

Joseph,

You are growing into an amazing little boy. The last year you have learned and developed so much. You are sweet, and sensitive to how other people are feeling and how they react to you. A few weeks ago I was upset about something, and you told me, "Mom you don't need to cry" and gave me a big hug. Hugs from you are awesome. I don't think anything could have made me feel better than that in that moment.

Although you are so sweet, this sensitivity displays itself in other ways too. You know your friends well, and you know how to push their buttons. You know which things get to which kiddos. Someday I would not be surprised if you were the class clown because you love to make people laugh. You love to be silly.

Most of the time you like to be a helper. Recently you have started using the baby wipes to wash our patio windows. Anytime you think Will has a poopy diaper, you check for me (sometimes almost removing his diaper), and then let me know if it needs to be changed.

Your dad and I love to listen to you talk. You like to say "uh-oh." For example, you will say "uh-oh, I want some milk" when you want milk. It's so fun to have conversations with you now. Tonight when your dad asked you if you had a good birthday you told him, "Daddy, I want to have my birthday again."

You have started to make up your own songs. At night before bed, you will ask me to sing a song about "blank" and I will tell you I don't know that one. You then demonstrate how it goes, and have me sing it to you.

You love to play with your brother, Will. I came downstairs while you two were playing the other day and you told me, "Mommy, I'm being nice. I'm not hitting or biting or growling at Will." You really are a good boy. You have such a desire to do what is right.

I know I am not always as patient as I should be, but thank you for teaching me about forgiveness, love and many other things. I am so fortunate to be your mom. I love you Joe-Joe.

Love Always,
Mom

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

He sounds so cute! IT brings back memories when Joe was a brand new baby and we sat next to you on the back row at church! I can't believe that it has been almost 3 years since then! Hope you guys are doing well!

Colleen T said...

You and Zach are such good parents, Joe is a lucky boy too!